2013년 12월 31일 화요일

Arguing with God


Arguing with God


Have you ever had an argument with God? Did He ever "tell" you something He wanted you to do but you refused or at best "drug your feet" in compliance? This morning, during my daily devotions I had such an experience. Those of you who read this blog know I have had digestive distress for 13 years. It is a chronic problem, not solved by any medical or even homeopathic doctors. I have good days and bad days with no apparent pattern to gauge what I should eat and what to avoid. Frustration and discouragement are often my "sidekicks", as unwanted as they may be. All of this is compounded with the fact that I LOVE to bake and eat sweet, unhealthy desserts, (in moderation, of course)!But I have in the past been willing to give up a multitude of foods in order to "cure" my chronic eating problem. I have tried so many "diets" that I've lost tract of them individually! So where do I go from here? ON my knees! I have, for years, brought this topic up often to The Lord, asking for healing or at least easier management of the problem. I know He listens but doesn't often offer specific advice, at least specific as far as what foods to eat or not eat. He has taught me more patience and acceptance but I still want more answers. Well, this morning He actually gave me a specific, but I didn't want to hear it. I was reading from Oswald Chambers. Following is some excerpts:" Have you anything to hide from God?...Are you willing to obey your Lord and Master whatever the humiliation to your right to yourself may be?... Never discard a conviction. If it is important enough for the Spirit of God to have brought it to your mind, it is that thing He is detecting. You were looking for a great thing to give up. God is telling you of some tiny thing; but at the back of it there lies the central citadel of obstinacy: I will not give up my right to myself-the thing God intends you to give up if ever you are going to be a disciple of Jesus Christ."OK-so what is the thing God specifically asked me to give up? SUGAR! I know years ago I tried this but couldn't do it very long so gave up. Now He has put that into my mind again. I know sugar is hard on the digestive tract and basically not good for the body. And I have been asking God the question: "What do I need to stop eating or to eat in order to get relief?" Honestly, I didn't think this would be His answer.Have you looked at the grocery shelves of food lately and read labels? Sugar is in everything!! Sugar is also at the heart of all potlucks, restuarant food, and most recipes. Can I do this? Not on my own, but with God all things are possible? Right? 2 Chorinthians says: "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." I'll need His strength to overcome this weakness (sugar lover) in me!On the bright side God did "say" remember I created sweetness in fruit and a bit of honey now and then so cling to that knowledge. OK. I'll stop arguing and start being creative in my baking and learn to trust more and also to take "food" off the pedestalof worship and replace it with my Lord and Savior!


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기